Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Mount Sunapee
The Senior Manager of Skier Services is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Mount Sunapee Resort for Ski and Snowboard School and Child Care, Product Sales and Services, Guest Services, Competition Services, Summer Activities, and additional responsibilities that add to the guest experience. Specific focuses include: leadership management and development of teams; budget responsibilities including revenue & expense oversight & forecasting; capital project coordination; communication and interaction with guests and safety performance. As a member of the resort’s senior leadership team, the position assists in the development, communication, and implementation of resort goals & initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School and Skier Services department’s products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests and employees. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop Ski and Snowboard School and Skier Services leaders.
- Help create and implement training plans and monitor the quality of training.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including but not limited to SDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI).
- Work with other Resort Skier Services Leaders on best practice program including program offerings, safety initiatives, instructor training, etc.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities - both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- Act as a Vail Resorts representative with the local community as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as a full time ski/snowboard instructor
- At least 5 years of experience as a Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- College degree in related field
- Current PSIA/AASI level 3 certification
- Previous experience as a Ski School Manager
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, RPOS, Coupa
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213849