Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Building Mechanical Manager is responsible for maintaining the operational status of all structural mechanical equipment. This includes scheduling and supervising preventive, cyclical, deferred, and operational repairs and activities. Functional areas include, but are not limited to, HVAC, refrigeration, elevators, electrical, plumbing, boiler, laundry, kitchen, and generator systems.
- As a member of the Engineering Department Leadership Team, help to set and implement goals, budgets, and policies of the Department, GTLC, and Vail Resorts.
- Schedule and supervise the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual activities of the above named functional areas in order to maintain the operational status of all equipment in a timely manner.
- Plan, specify, and implement projects to improve the efficient function of all mechanical equipment. Create estimates for such projects and track costs.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns of mechanical equipment whenever they may occur and make repairs as needed or supervise repairs needed to return the equipment to service in a timely manner.
- Know appropriate safety standards and design, train, and enforce safety policies.
- Track and report hours worked by work order or project and report as required to the General Maintenance Manager.
- Specify and order equipment and supplies necessary for the above tasks. Track, receive, and account for the supplies through the financial system using e-Pro, department checkbooks, and OnBase systems.
- Schedule the personnel of the Department so that the goals of the department are satisfactorily met.
- Ensure that all labor and supplies are properly tracked and accounted for in the MicroMain computerized maintenance management system.
- Interview & hire direct report employees using Success Factors program.
- Set performance goals for employees in Success factors and conduct mid and end of season performance reviews. Conduct coaching and disciplinary sessions as needed, and complete all HR paperwork in a timely manner.
- Serve as eMod (engineering manager on duty) as needed (usually twice a week when facilities are operating). This involves being on–call overnight in order to respond to any emergency breakdowns that may occur.
- 6 years experience in mechanical fields.
- 5 years experience managing staff.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Microsoft office, Auto CAD, Design Cad.
- Previous experience with Electrical, HVAC, Laundry & Kitchen equipment, boilers, generators, plumbing, safety accreditations, computerized maintenance management systems.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 338563