Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for operation and execution of the dish pit area, dry chemical closet space, janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker room, employee uniform area, food receiving and recycle area and back storage room. The dishwasher is responsible for keeping the dish pit area clean at all times, ensuring plates, platters, china, chafers, serving equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked correctly to be rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and put back in their right spots when clean.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot and humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior Kitchen Management.
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdown a three compartment sink.
- Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of the machine and maintain the log.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during service.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to avoid slips and falls.
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after service.
- Always use personal protective equipment while working – mainly protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a dish area – preferred.
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional kitchen - preferred.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President’s Day Weekend and other holidays as requested – required.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294591