Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
A stay at The Arrabelle at Vail Square is a resort experience unlike any other. The Arrabelle combines the timeless elegance and old-world village charm of Europe’s grand resorts with the romance and alluring style of Vail’s world-renowned alpine heritage. The In Room Dining Server is responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage in-room dining experience possible. They provide exceptional service levels in all interactions with owners, guests, co-workers and management. They set the highest example of quality, efficiency and professionalism by adhering to the Vail Hospitality / RockResort brand standards. Accurately inputs all orders into the point of sale system and communicates any special requests to the kitchen. Correctly settles all checks to the proper account. Handles all table/tray set up paying special attention to cleanliness and proper presentation/position of settings. Delivers all orders within the specified time frame. Calls guests/owners by name and remains professional and competent while setting up the in-room dining presentation according to the brand standards.
The In-Room Dining Server is responsible for (including but not limited to) doing floor sweeps to ensure the corridors and service elevator landings are free of room services tables, trays, dishes and amenities. They will be required to prepare a par of amenities to spec and processes amenity requests accurately and in a timely manner. They will also pro-actively follows up on all in-room dining experiences by checking on the satisfaction of the owner/guest and offering to remove tables/trays within two hours of delivering the order.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Current TIPS certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment. -required
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel/resort. -preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred.
- Experience with Point of Sales. -preferred.
- Must be able to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and fellow employees. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred
The budgeted range starts at $11.00 - $12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
One Job – Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 304387