Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Job Summary: The Ski and Ride School Instructor Aide will provide assistance to the lead instructor to enhance the guest experience by providing support to children in group lessons. This is accomplished by motivating, encouraging, consoling, managing fears and assisting children in need all in a fun and engaging manner while upholding all Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. This position will include skiing and snowboarding to assist with lessons!
- Upholding the highest levels of safety on varied, high altitude terrain with varying winter weather conditions for both yourself and guests.
- Assisting with class management; behavioral issues, safety issues, emotional issues, and organization of the class.
- Helping to facilitate lunch, monitoring group and bussing tables.
- Assisting children in getting equipment on and off.
- Accompanying and assisting with breaks for the children, including bathroom time, and sick and sad children.
- Communicating primary Instructor’s instructions and helping children to their feet after a fall; lifting children by their safety vest.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of the Ski and Snowboard School programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities
- Desire to work with children
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Ability to perform in a high paced, variable, multi-faceted environment with the ability to multi-task and work on a team
- Physical strength and ability to: respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations; stand for long periods of time; kneel, stoop, bend frequently; lift 50 lbs.
- Ski or Snowboard at an intermediate level
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 344090