If you want to obtain your summer Experience of a Lifetime, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of thrilling activities, adventure and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain Canopy Tours to mouthwatering Smokehouse cuisine, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique Epic experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Outlet: Tamarack Lodge
- Starting Wage: $17 per hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full & Part Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing sidework duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and delivering food and maintaining service window.
- Keep the expo line stocked and clean.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take dirty tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the dish area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Prior guest service experience - required.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 445168