Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Adventure Park
- Starting Wage: $17
- As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
- Shift Availability: Full Time
Park City Adventure Park Maintenance Team Lead, Full Time, Year Round
As the Adventure Park Maintenance Technician Team Lead your role is to manage the Adventure Park Maintenance Team and ensure all maintenance and repair procedures on activities related equipment are performed in a timely and safe manner. This dynamic individual will need to be highly self-motivated and will work closely with the Adventure Park Management team to provide timely maintenance service with an emphasis on: safety, guest service, and efficient operation of all Adventure Park Activities.
- Become familiar with and read the contents of the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions and specifications for all attractions of the Park City Adventure Park.
- Based on manufacturer’s recommendations, implement a program of maintenance, testing and inspections providing for the duties and responsibilities necessary in the care of each amusement ride or device.
- Oversee the maintenance inspection, repair and training programs for the Adventure Park Attractions: Alpine Slide, Mountain Coaster, Flying Eagle Zipline, Kid’s Ropes Course and Zipline, Bungee Trampolines, Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, Gem Panning and ZipRider Zipline.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, biannual maintenance, inspections and repairs for all attractions are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage the seasonal and year round maintenance team. Ensure proper training is completed.
- Responsible for ensuring all required Manufacturer, State, and Federal regulations are met.
- Ensure required inspections and documentation are performed as mandated by Manufacturers, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Responsible for scheduling annual Inspections. Maintaining and providing all required information during said inspections.
- Correspond with Manufacturers and be the contact person for reviewing and implementing updates and notices.
- Develop strong professional relationships with appropriate departments (Lift Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance, etc) and work with Inspectors and Agents during inspections.
- Coordinate all seasonal set-up, tear down and new construction of Adventure Park Attractions.
- Work with Activities Management to ensure timely ordering of parts and equipment.
- Assist with staff training.
- Assist with transport of guests and employees when necessary during evacuations.
- Assist with Attractions when needed, having passed the Operations Training and be able to engage Guests exhibiting Vail Resorts Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
- Able to perform physical work: stand, stoop, lift, pull, push for long periods of time and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions (sun, rain, wind, snow, etc).
- Mechanical background and aptitude.
- Able to use a variety of tools ranging from basic hand tools to technically advanced and specialty equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work at heights up to and in excess of 160’ above the ground in a physically demanding environment
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Basic computer skills such as (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn SmartSheet, PeopleSoft, and SuccessFactors and other applicable Company Programs.
- Able to communicate clearly with Guests and other Employees and are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with, or ability to learn, a wide variety of heavy equipment such as skid steer, forklift, snow blower, snowmobile, truck (street and mountain), UTV, etc.
- Knowledge of NDT techniques and rigging, or ability to learn.
- Industry certifications or willingness to achieve them (NAARSO, AIMS, ACCT, SPRAT)
- Zip Line, Mountain Coaster, Rope Courses, Ziplines and other operational experience relevant to outdoor adventure activities, preferred.
The budgeted range starts at 17.00-23.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 413612