Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Lead Houseman is responsible for assisting with the day to day leadership of the housekeeping department and all the houseman working. This position is responsible for handling many operational duties of maintaining the supplies inventory and public areas. Customer service is a key responsibility, in accordance with Rock Resorts standards. This position is to organize and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public areas.
- Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively to provide clear direction in assigning and instructing houseman in details of work.
- Monitor inventory of all products used within the housekeeping department. Then communicate items needed.
- Able to take month end inventory for cleaning supplies, room amenities, and houseware items
- Provide training to new houseman
- Ensure employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Comply with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensure the Housekeeping Department leads the charge in regard to recycling
- Solicit employee feedback and review employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Maintain high moral, good work environment, sense of professionalism and guide the staff to increase productivity.
- Assist in the execution and direction of the PM houseman, including the Turndown service
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in managing a hotel/resort housekeeping department
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Housekeeping department
- Advanced ability in English Required, ability to communicate in Spanish Preferred
- Good communication, organization and time management skills.
- Lift weight from 25-50 lbs
The budgeted range starts at 13.25-19.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 292487