We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Can you be the energy source for your staff? Lead By Example because you love to teach skiing and riding to children? The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor for Children’s Programs is a member of the Ski and Ride School management team: responsible for the quality assurance and overall management or the Ski & Ride School. With guidance from the SRS Manager, this position is responsible for the job specific training, managing, scheduling, payroll, financial oversight and morale of instructors who teach primarily children from ages 3-14 in a variety of programs and group and private lessons. This leader is also responsible for promoting workplace safety programs, thoughtful assignment of ski school lessons to instructors, conducting instructor on-hill observations to review product quality while offering feedback and systemic evaluations. Responsible for regular interaction with guests to solicit feedback, resolve conflicts, and accommodate guest service. Works closely with other resort supervisors in the Ski and Ride School and other departments as needed.
- Guest experience
- Ensure the highest level of quality in regards to private or group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience
- Responsible for implementing guest recoveries and tactics to increase Guest Experience (GX) scores. Performance measured by meeting or exceeding GX survey metrics.
- Employee experience
- Staff communication to include: daily morning meetings, monthly staff meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates utilizing social media, e-mail, instructor messaging and morning meetings. Post morning meeting notes. Responsible for achieving or exceeding expectations in Employee Engagement Survey metrics
- Worker's Compensation reporting, facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication. Oversight of family members to ensure all safety compliance programs (on-line safety quiz, equipment check, park pass program, kids on lifts) achieve 100% completion rate. Performance measured by achieving or exceeding worker's compensation metrics
- Safety in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance and class handling, including monitoring of suggested and prescribed routes
- Conduct work place safety initiatives to include facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication to reward the staff when safety and wellness goals are met. Lead Movement Prep as part of morning meetings
- Drive company value and stated goal of Net Zero Footprint by 2030
- Instructor scheduling to administer fair work priority status while managing for financial success. Performance measured monthly by meeting or exceeding financial metrics
- Continuous interaction with Product Sales & Service team to manage lesson bookings ensuring exceptional guest experiences while maximizing revenue. Appropriate level of expertise utilizing RPOS sales and reporting tools, including monitoring and administration of inventory controls and payroll
- Understanding of our ski school-wide, resort-wide, and enterprise-wide business strategies. Strong ability to communicate the connection between those strategies and the priorities of instructors
- Lead team members in their professional development for Performance Management including ongoing communication, mid and end of season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed necessary. Schedule and facilitate one on one's with direct reports to review professional development
- Be a Role model and bring to life the company's values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun
- Remain current with certification and membership of professional ski/snowboard organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English
- Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school
- Previous experience as an Instructor Trainer or Supervisor Assistant is highly recommended
- Current professional instructor certification: PSIA/AASI Level 1 and Children’s Specialist minimum required
- RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media, Written Communication skills required
- Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, instructors and management
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 434159