Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you love working in a retail environment? Do you strive to always offer the best customer service experience possible? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for greeting customers in a friendly manner, handling customer transactions, stocking the store with merchandise as well as maintaining a fun customer focused environment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: operating the cash register, maintaining a clean appearance in the store, taking care of customer needs, contributing to a team environment and a friendly customer service attitude.
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from Mid-May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers in a friendly manner. Provide product information and employ positive sales techniques.
- Operate cash register accurately and make change using the proper Company procedures. Be familiar with Company policy on handling checks and credit cards.
- Stock displays daily, keeping them filled and clean.
- Keep the store manager informed as to the salability of various items, especially the fast selling items so that reorder can be made.
- Be courteous to fellow employees. Utilize teamwork.
- Perform any special shop duties as assigned by the Shop Supervisor.
The “must haves” for this position include:?
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, well-groomed appearance
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Prior Retail experience
- Previous Point of Sale experience
- Cash handling skills
- Prior customer service experience
- 21 years of age or older per WY requirements for alcohol service - preferred
What’s In It For You?
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE kayak and boat rentals, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $100/week "Room & Board" fee which covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria, housing (single room occupancy), linens and all utilities
- Complimentary WiFi
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302910