Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Sundial Property Management
- Starting Wage: $17 per hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20/hour.
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Check in guests at front desk, confirming and entering appropriate information by asking for an ID card and credit card.
- Check guests out, and ensure billing is correct.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of the shift (checklist, D2L, D2S, Guest Folio, etc.)
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at end of shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems (referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members).
- Relay guest maintenance requests through Maintenance Connection, and follow up with guest after 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping department, and follow up with the guest after 20 minutes.
- Answer the switchboard within 3 rings, and transfer calls to appropriate department or person.
- Undergo computer training and gain knowledge of how hotel reservations work.
- Understand and be able to make a walk-in reservation.
- Remain knowledgeable about Owners and Owner Services program.
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel, resort, and Park City area.
- Understand the intranet and Public TC-Fileserver to use for additional information.
- Be knowledgeable of the Grand Summit, Silverado, and Sundial hotel amenities and lay-out.
- Assist in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office equipment, supplies, and cleanliness of the Front Desk, PBX, and reception area.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, nights, and graveyard shifts (as necessary).
- Cross-train with other departments and be able to cover shifts (as necessary).
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager, Assistant Front Office Manager, or Front Desk Supervisor.
- High school education, plus at least one year of relevant clerical experience – required.
- Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience – preferred.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills – required.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people – required.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and other company personnel; good social manners – required.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the Company’s lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well as general information about the area –required.
The budgeted range starts at $17.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 476429