Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Senior Manager of Building Maintenance oversees all maintenance activities for Park City. Sitting on the Hospitality Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Manager is responsible for maintaining property buildings with particular attention to safety, asset protection and guest experience.
Leading a team of 8-12 strong and with responsibility for upwards of 300 rooms, plus kitchen and spa facilities, this role requires strong business acumen, strategic planning, and advanced leadership skills.
- Oversee and direct all building and asset maintenance to ensure safe and successful operations and repair at portfolio properties within Canyons Village and Old Town, Park City.
- Full ownership of Preventative Maintenance programs for all maintenance-required assets.
- Manage capital projects including re-imagine initiatives, facility innovations, and maintenance.
- Effectively manage all financial results including purchasing, forecasting, P&L statements, payroll, budgeting and scheduling.
- Responsible to achieve budgeted maintenance revenue for homeowner units in our rental program.
- Responsible for ordering and billing.
- Plan, organize and control work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies, procedures, rules and standards.
- Create and maintain a productive, safe work environment, including implementing and retaining all company-mandated safety-related training and assessment.
- Conduct regular meetings (individual and group) with team members to establish goals, review performance and provide organized communications.
- Strong focus on leadership development of self and team.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff, guests, and homeowners. Respond and engage with customer suggestions, complaints and recognition.
- Ensures compliance with municipal and federal regulations.
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Maintain resort life safety systems (e.g. fire systems, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Educate/train associates on emergency procedures and safety issues to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations for the protection of guest and associates.
- Participate in Vail Resorts Best Practice Groups, Maintenance specific, property specific and market-wide leadership team meetings, along with resort/company special events.
- Deliver the “Experience of a Lifetime” to our staff, guests, owners and homeowners.
- Hold yourself and our team accountable for living our company core values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, and Have Fun.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in property management operations with at least 5 years in a management role
- Technical understanding and appreciation for building maintenance operations.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver high quality results.
- Ability to create schedules and assign work tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage departmental budget.
- Strong ability to train employees to set safety and service standards.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Previous knowledge IQTrac preferred.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443531