Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Entry Level Position with Paid Training! Flexible Scheduling and Limited Employee Housing Available!
The Ski and Snowboard School Support Team is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations in our Ski and Snowboard School. Team members will be responsible for the image, appearance, and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas, including daily set up and tear down, lunch service, rental shop operations, and assistance with check-in and check-out procedures of child students. Team members will also spend time with small children performing indoor programming activities, assisting in ski school classes and helping to motivate children when necessary.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of our rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how equipment is checked in and out, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, repair and maintenance of rental fleet, and current with appropriate DIN Certification.
- Daily set up and tear down of outdoor teaching areas with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is sharp, professional in appearance, and consistently set up to optimally utilize teaching terrain and teaching tools within the area.
- Daily set up and tear down of indoor facilities with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is clean, orderly, welcoming, and conducive to operating efficiently.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant food handling safety code.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant health code for facility cleanliness including common areas, toys, equipment, etc…
- Ability to keep and maintain a clean and orderly facility that accommodates daily high-volume guest flow.
- Working with small children to facilitate appropriate games and activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Assist with ski school classes and discovery guide as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a fast paced, service-based environment
- Fluent in all aspects of English language
- Ability to work outdoors in a high alpine environment for extended periods
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills with a wide variety of guests and employees
- Pass background check
- Spanish language skills
- Intermediate to advanced skier/snowboarder
- Willing to complete a modified basic training for ski/snowboard pros
- Current DIN Certification, completion of internal trainings including food safety handling, hand tool training, and child development training
The budgeted range starts at $12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 288670