Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19 unless eligible for an accommodation under applicable law.
Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and responding to group requests to purchase services from Vail Resorts owned and operated dining venues, activities, lift tickets, ski school and other lines of business within our various resort destinations. Develops and maintains productive business relationships with lodging partners to increase group lines of business sales across the Enterprise but with a focused effort at Park City & Keystone Resorts. The position is responsible for achieving line of business revenue across each resort. Works with the Resort Sales Team, National Sales Team and Wedding Sales Team providing in market resort support by leading and executing site inspections. Works with the Director of Sales to implement sales strategy, maximize the revenue, drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Candidate must be located in Park City, UT.
- Conducting and leading all hotel and venue site inspections for out-of-market deployed sales leaders that focus on the customer’s needs and closing group convention and wedding business.
- Partnering with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit
- Understanding the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Maintaining and develops productive business relationships with corporate, association, SMERF & wedding clientele, local lodging partners and destination management companies that produce leads and confirmed revenue for future and repeat business opportunities.
- Responsible for preparing proposals, contracting and negotiating group business through proactive sales efforts (sales calls, prospecting, networking) across all lines of business utilizing extensive knowledge of mountain assets.
- Focus on building relationships with key stakeholders and develops thorough working knowledge of all Breckenridge & Keystone owned and operated activities and venues such as lift ticket office, ski school, mountain dining, etc.
- Partners in the development of group lines of business sales strategy.
- Ensures all sales collateral is current, accurate and portrays a professional image for the marketplace.
- Develops thorough working knowledge of all Park City & Keystone owned and operated venues and activities.
- Supports and facilitates an “Enterprise mindset” when selling on behalf of ALL of Vail Resorts’ Mountain Destinations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop sense of place, group experiences to increase sales.
- Organizes, facilitates and participates in FAM tours.
- Effectively utilizes SalesForce for customer contact, trace and file systems. Keeps all information current and updated with client notes including logging of sales activities (calls, meetings, etc) in each account.
- Provides accurate, complete and timely turnover of definite business to the Service Team to help ensure quality service delivery.
- Follows up with groups after contracting, during planning and after departure to ensure re-booking.
- Pivots to support cross-enterprise priorities as needed.
- Achieve and/or exceed team and individual revenue goals across all lines of business.
- Facilities and leads site tours and for out-of-market deployed sales leaders.
- Execute designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for weekly sales activity reports.
- Contribute to the health and strength of a dynamic team culture.
- Client entertainment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred; however, any combination of education and sales training may also be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- English proficiency
- Experience within Salesforce and Delphi FDC is preferred
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 384767