With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The role of assistant store manager is to assist in leading sales, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, efficiency, and an outstanding guest experience!
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service.
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining a hardworking and professional standard of guest service.
- Fulfill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Generate sales, demonstrate, and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Maintain and model high retail merchandising and cleanliness standards set forth by the Store and Area Manager
- Recruit and assist in maintaining a quality core staff.
- Evaluate sales trends and build methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Demonstrate and enforce company policies, guidelines, values, and ethics
- Coordinate company policies and guidelines.
- Enforce company cash handling policies and additional loss prevention policies and procedures
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Store Manager
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, demonstrating knowledge of products
- Ensure all safety protocols are being observed at all times
- Assist in onboarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Be upbeat, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent - required
- 2 years of retail sales - strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience in a retail environment - preferred
- Entry level digital literacy with familiarity with Microsoft Office - preferred
- Ability to connect with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Dedication to outstanding customer service
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with retail POS system
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends – required
- Must be a great teammate and be able to handle a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 347787