We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov.15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The bartending staff is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality dining experience possible. All team members assist in maintaining a profitable department that is also environmentally responsible.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that all daily and weekly bar maintenance responsibilities have been completed by bar staff.
- Exhibits strong menu, beverage, and wine knowledge.
- Consistently follows the steps of the service cycle as outlined in the Brand Standards and ensures the timing and flow of service is correctly paced.
- Communicates all necessary and important information with the Food and Beverage Team.
- Complete all assigned side work.
- Knowledgeable of fine wine and liquor.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws.
- Ensures that all state health regulations are being adhered to.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including maintaining par levels, submitting daily/weekly orders, and conducting inventory counts.
- Performs additional responsibilities to help the Dining Room and Hotel function efficiently.
- Able to multi-task and handle high volume service demands.
- Adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- At least 21 years old
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to be on one's feet for long periods of time
- Proficiency in reading and communicating in English
- Minimum of one year experience as a bartender, bartending experience in an upscale restaurant - preferred
- Minimum of one year server experience in a fine dining restaraunt
- Previous experience with a touch screen POS system
- Current certification in a nationally recognized program concerning service of alcohol or able to be obtained upon being hired
- Certification from the state Professional Food Handler Program or able to be obtained upon being hired
- Willing to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and or late evenings
- Previous beverage inventory experience preferred
- Able to multi-task and handle high volume service demands
The budgeted range starts at 9.54 + tips. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free Summer passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 440367