Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are looking for employees who have a passion for the outdoors and who want to share that passion with guests by providing fun and memorable experiences. At Adventure Peak, we work together as a team to be effective with whatever the winter throws our way. Adventure Peak employees will work to provide guests with an Experience of a Lifetime enjoying the thrills and exhilaration of our activities. All team members can expect to work with multiple activities and operations including but not limited to: Alpine Coaster, Tubing Hill, Mini Tubing, Guided UTV Tours, Lift Operations, and snow removal. The Activities Attendant may work at these various stations to provide instruction, safety overview, and guidance to our guests as they experience the adventure and excitement of Heavenly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Smile! We’re here to create experiences of a lifetime to our guests, fellow employees and ourselves!
- Safety First: Our commitment is to providing a safe experience for our guests, fellow employees and ourselves.
- Serve Others: From operating diverse activities to answering questions and helping guests navigate the experiences the mountain has to offer.
- Do Right: Receive guest feedback and special requests. Provide on the spot resolution and elevate guests’ experiences to management.
- Drive Value: Be a positive advocate for the experience and services we provide all of our guests.
- Do Good: Help keep our mountain clean and looking good.
- Follow and adhere to all company and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Stay Flexible: You’ll get to do a lot of different things around the mountain.
- Greeting and providing guest service throughout the resort.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other team members to meet operational guidelines.
- Promote safety in the participation of our guests and fellow team members.
- Monitor and instruct guests in use of activity in an engaging and friendly manner.
- Complete all required activity documentation.
- Be prepared: You will be working in a fast-paced high alpine outdoor environment in all weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Be Sturdy: Stand in one area for long periods of time.
- Be nimble: Snow shoveling, repeated twisting, turning, pulling, pushing, bending, squatting, lifting up to 55 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Able to walk uphill at a moderate pace at elevation of 9,000’+
- Able to use hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) as well as manual excavation tools (shovel, pick, etc.)
- Be Social: You’ll need to listen as well as communicate clearly in English with a variety of guests.
- Be Reliable: Be able to work unsupervised or with a group to fulfill your work commitment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Under 330 pounds.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Must have reliable transportation (in varying weather conditions) to and from work.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Able to work in a family environment with kids as young as 3 years old in a professional manner
- Previous experience working with outdoor recreation programs or other adventure activities such as zip lines and/or ropes courses.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 346867