Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you have a passion for the culinary arts? Are you looking to hone your culinary skills and expertise in Country Club cuisine in one of the most sought after golf destinations in the country? Are you interested in working and living next to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Fine Dining Cook is expected to function as an experienced cook and is responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking our simple, elegant dishes, this individual may be asked to prepare sauces, soups or asked to create a daily/nightly special for the restaurant. Additionally, this individual is expected to assist in banquet food preparations. Our season runs from May through Mid-October. DISCOUNTED HOUSING PROVIDED!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Treat your coworkers, kitchen, equipment and the food with respect at all times
- Maintain an open mind to learning new techniques and products
- Look ahead with your prep and ensure the station is set up for the next shift
- Be receptive to direction from all Food & Beverage management
- Keep yourself, your station, tools and kitchen clean and organized at all times
- Be flexible and adapt to changes in duties and scheduling
- Work with urgency and effectiveness in all tasks from the beginning to the end of the shift
- Take ownership of your station and strive to contribute beyond those responsibilities
- Finish all job duties and check out with your manager before ending your shift
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous casual fine dining cooking experience
- Sauce preparation experience
- Knife handling skills
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts
- Knowledgeable about and able to work on a kitchen line
- Strong work ethic
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Grill, griddle and sauté skills
- Good sense of timing
- “From scratch” soup preparation
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 318167