We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Why you’ll love working as a Bike Guide:
- Outside everyday with breath-taking views from your office!
- Sharing your knowledge and passion for riding with our guests
- Gain valuable work experience and transferable skills
- Numerous opportunities for career advancement
- Meet great people and make life-long friends!
Position Status: Full Time (30-40 hours/week) Seasonal, Hourly. Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Job Summary: You will be responsible for providing a safe, fun and memorable learning experience for children and/or adults.
What you’ll be up to:
- Teaching children of all abilities how to hit the trails, including beginners.
- Striving to exceed our guests' expectations and creating memories on a daily basis.
- Being enthusiastic and punctual for all tours/lesson assignments.
- Following all safety procedures and policies on a daily basis.
- Maintaining your own personal toolkits, first aid packs, and any Whistler Blackcomb owned bikes.
- Staying up to date on local trail and bike park trail knowledge.
- Helping the kids boast to their parents about the rad skills they learned during the day.
- Always showing up on time, in uniform, and adhering to the grooming policy
- Demonstrate our core values: safety first, striving to be the best, and showing that we care.
- Minimum Level 1 Professional Mountain Bike Instructors (PMBI) course, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 seasons experience downhill mountain biking.
- Minimum of 2 years coaching kids aged 6-12 for those instructing children.
- Current OFA Level 1 (BC Certified) is mandatory before you start.
- Previous mountain bike instructing or coaching experience
- Local trail knowledge
- Must be able to reason and react quickly with thoughtful judgement, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Proof of clear criminal record check.
Get familiar with our Bike Park lessons...to learn more click here!
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 438647