Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Stowe Ski & Ride School is looking for patient, caring individuals who love working with children ages 3-14 to join our team this winter. Our Ski & Ride Instructor Aides assist with both indoor and outdoor supervision, organization and assisting coaches with of our guests ages 3-14, as well as assisting with lift riding - all while attending to the physical, emotional and cognitive needs of students in a way that promotes fun, safety and a positive learning environment. This position is generally for non-certified individuals wishing to train to be a certified instructor when they reach qualification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a ski school aide for 3-14 year old classes
- Ride the beginner lift with 3-14 year olds. Help children load and unload the chair lift safely
- Assist children with bathrooms breaks when skiing on the beginner hill
- Assist with supervision bringing children back to the Children Adventure Center
- Positive, informative and courteous communication with guests
- Help serve lunch to the children from noon to 1:00PM
- Ability to interact on appropriate level with children
- Enthusiasm toward children
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to ski or ride at beginner and intermediate levels
- Share a love for winter sport and a reverence for the outdoors
- Have an attitude that is cooperative and supportive, creating a “team spirit” working environment
- Good guest relation skills with children and adults.
- Work in fast paced, somewhat stressful and intense environment.
- Ability to perform medium work (defined as exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
Part time positions are available starting mid-November through until end of March. We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. We offer great recreational benefits and resort discounts!
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177645