Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Come join the pros at the Stowe Ski and Snowboard School for your dream winter! As one of the oldest ski schools in the country we take pride in offering our guests and staff the Experience of a Lifetime. While you are with us, you’ll work with our outstanding training team and have an opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. You’ll make new friends, get to teach some awesome kids and as a first year non-certified coach, you are automatically in the running for Rookie of the Year!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Uphold the highest levels of safety on varied terrain in a mountain environment, with unpredictable winter weather conditions in a fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Supervise and assist the children in your class at all times including during lunch and snack times.
- Clearly and accurately instruct assigned levels, physically and verbally, per the progressions in our Instructor Guide.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity.
- Assist lift attendants to properly load and unload children on the chairlift, lifting children by the vest (if applicable) in accordance with our Kids on Lifts policy.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of children’s programs including registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Communicate child’s lesson content and progress of the lesson with the identified guardian.
- Ensure the return of children to their identified guardians.
- Uphold Company guidelines and the Vermont Skier Safety Act rules and regulations.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School equivalent education.
- Strong intermediate skier or snowboarder, who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain.
- Available to work holidays and weekends and can meet one of our flexible scheduling options.
- Successfully complete all aspects of the hiring process, including online safety quiz and background check.
- Successfully complete 4-5 days of training, including a team teach with a veteran coach.
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, squat and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) and possess good communication skills.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must have good guest service skills and work well in a team.
- Ability to work in inclement weather in a mountain environment.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski or snowboard instructor experience
- Experience working with children
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 238447