Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value.? We are creating a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $9 billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest value opportunities.? We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. ?This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
The Principal Analyst for Mountain Consolidation will partner with our senior finance leaders in our Mountain, Lodging, Retail and SG&A divisions to drive planning, forecasting and financial management, aligning our key resources with the achievement of our strategic goals – both long and short-term. This leader will build critical relationships with senior leaders and will evaluate key trends across resorts and lines of business to influence our highest priority business decisions. This position will report to the Director of Mountain Finance and support the major Financial Planning & Analysis functions within the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain active partnerships within mountain finance teams.
- Develop finance & business presentations for Mountain leadership, Executive Committee and Board of Directors that can effectively summarize materials into key assumptions, risks/opportunities and decision points for the consolidated Mountain division.
- Produce key FP&A deliverables for operating budget, capital budget, monthly forecasting, cost control, and P&L reviews.
- Execute value-add analysis and decision support for projects and initiatives.
- Produce (daily/weekly/monthly) business analyses to evaluate performance, aid in decision making, and provide insight into the business.
- Coordinate with the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close.
- Drive process improvements aimed at creating scalability and efficiencies across FP&A.
- Approach and behavior—cultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work independently.
- Strong learning agility.? Enjoys and excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues - incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required in Finance and/or Economics; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience or 5+ years with MBA.
- Experience executing all financial planning and analysis functions including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning, resource allocation processes and enterprise-level communications. Service industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in financial modeling, insight generation/analysis and executive communications.
- Prior experience consolidating financial deliverables across multiple regions and lines of business preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate effectively in presentations by developing the “story.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture"
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and industry standard financial systems (i.e., reporting and planning tools like PeopleSoft, Host Analytics, Tableau, etc.).
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 265127