Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job:
We are currently in search of a Senior Manager of IT Reservations Applications to lead our rapidly evolving reservations technology. This manager is excited by new challenges and a rapid pace, driven to always move forward, curious, open and honest, excellent at managing risk, organized and diligent in prioritizing work. The Senior Manager leads a high profile team that is instrumental in managing business stakeholders and transforming the IT reservations ecosystem within Vail Resorts. This position leads a team of analysts and works closely with other senior application and development managers. The role includes working with key business stakeholders to build a roadmap for reservations, evaluating and making recommendations for new platforms and technologies, managing operational and capital budgets, developing and managing plans, and managing daily activities for IT reservations. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team that will deliver the next generation of reservations technology, including a critical implementation of Inntopia, for a highly successful company.
- Management responsibility over IT Reservations
- Manage team of analyst(s) responsible for supporting reservations applications
- Identify professional development opportunities for all direct reports
- Create goals and deliver performance reviews for the team
- Ensure that all governance requirements, including SOX, PCI, PII, Business Continuity and supporting change control documentation is obtained.
- Business Partnership
- Facilitate steering committees with business leadership to ensure alignment on reservations project and technology roadmaps with key business objectives.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to implement scalable solutions that support changing business requirements
- Collaborate with other senior management on multi-year project and resource roadmaps
- Stay current on industry trends in reservations and hospitality technology
- Proactively identify and present technology initiatives to the business for evaluation
- Align multi-year IT capital and operational expense plans to support delivery for IT Reservations
- Develop IT operating budgets
- Identify and select software vendors for reservations
- Manage relationships with 3rd party software vendors
- Negotiate corporate contracts with 3rd party vendors, including master pricing and support agreements
- Connect closely with the Project Delivery team to ensure:
- Projects are on time, on budget, delivering expected value with quality
- Project status is communicated regularly and effectively to the appropriate stakeholders
- Proper test planning, test case creation and test execution
- Project resources are procured as needed
- Manage contracts and PO’s for project work as needed
- Ensure careful management of resource assignments across projects
- Demonstrated success working on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and managing initiatives to be on-time and on-budget
- Strong technical aptitude including knowledge of hospitality and/or reservations.
Knowledge of and experience with Inntopia is a major plus.
- Demonstrate ability to solve a wide range of technical problems of diverse scope and complexity, where analysis of data and/or situations requires evaluation of both identifiable and unidentifiable factor
- Ability to provide open clear, candid feedback in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand and manage technology planning, implementation, deployment, and support.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to follow up consistently to ensure resolution
- Excellent customer service skills with a demonstrated customer-focused, service-first attitude
- Self-driven, exhibiting the desire to take on additional ownership assuming responsibilities outside of day-to-day deliverables
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/MIS/Software Engineering or related field
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 214490