Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describes our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Supervisor: Product Sales and Service, Nevada Base Locations
The Product Sales Supervisor is a part of the Product Sales & Services/ Scanning Department and is responsible for, but not limited to selling tickets, season passes, collecting guest information, reconciling daily audit packs, overseeing daily operations, scheduling employees and managing time and labor. We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures; Participate in resort and departmental trainings.
- Work closely and communicate daily with fellow PSS supervisors as well as various departments and management to ensure operations run as smoothly as possible.
- Fully understand Ticket and Season Pass product offerings in order to provide guidance to staff and guests; anticipate needs of our guest.
- Understand Ski & Snowboard School product offerings and locations in order to properly assist the guest.
- Accurately, efficiently, and independently process lift access products while capturing guest data
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to learn, understand and communicate well with the guest about multiple product types, make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external
- Create a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Resolve and/or escalate guest/ product issues in an expedient manner and perform refunds under guidance of management. Report issues daily.
- Adhere to COVID-19 Operating Policies and Procedures
- Train and supervise Product Sales Staff; Assign workstations daily; Accurately close stations and locations
- Schedule staff according to need, forecasted skier volumes and daily labor budget;
- Communicate all employee and guest issues to manager.
- Attention to detail ie cleanliness of work area and guest facing areas; stock marketing materials; communicate and maintain line staff expectations and closing duties.
- Maintain and manage a professional appearance and attendance record among staff, in accordance with the policies set forth by Vail Resorts.
- Ensure our staff is exceeding the expectations of our guest and adhering to VRI Values.
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit.
- Escalate any audit concerns and questions to manager to rectify issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrate proficiency in closing procedures, presenting organized backup and audit packs in a timely manner.
Job and Physical Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age; High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior Guest Services experience Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed.
- Ability to quickly learn, make decisive decisions, and follow all auditing requirements.
- 2-4 years sales experience + experience supervising a staff of 10 or more
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Minimum 30hr/ week
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be available to work other base area operations
- Must be able to withstand 6 or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 247588