Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
We are currently seeking cooks of all experience levels for our on-mountain locations!
- The Entry Cook is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or sauté station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.
- The Intermediate Cook functions as an experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and sautéing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.
- The Advanced Cook functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November– April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service – preferred
- Weekends and holidays required.
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 235468