Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide preventative and predictive maintenance of mechanical systems, utilities, equipment and appliances. Conduct daily rounds and readings.
- Lead equipment installations and repair of mechanical systems including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, and compressed air equipment.
- Complete daily work orders as assigned, account for time and update team with daily reports outlining progress and new issues.
- Identify when an external contractor/vendor is needed and work in collaboration with contractor/vendor to complete work.
- Work independently and alongside other staff members as a coworker and team member performing same.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates daily and future workload; develops scope, options, and budgets for tasks and projects.
- Requisitions materials, parts, tools equipment and services needed for work assignments; orders and picks up materials and supplies from outside vendors as appropriate; prepares cost estimates for jobs.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
- Formulates and arranges plans to update systems or reduce operating costs.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide technical assistance to staff in solving maintenance, mechanical and repair problems.
- Inspect work in progress and upon completion ensure that work complies with applicable codes and regulations.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, procedures and periodic and special reports of work performed.
- Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of the work; drives Company vehicles to plant work sites and attend meetings.
- Maintain and track all company tools and assets which are used regularly or have been issued to employee
- Keep all work areas and job sites clean and orderly with consideration for company property and guest experience as well as the safety of co-workers and guests.
- Licensed in one of the trades that is required in the commercial environment regulated by Labor and Industry in the State of Vermont, heating, ventilating, plumbing, refrigeration and/or air conditioning.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years general maintenance experience in one of the qualifying trades.
- Strong understanding of Vermont adopted mechanical and building codes.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to maintain systems, diagnose and repair systems, replace components and/or install new systems.
- Ability to research and develop an estimate with supervisor for consideration of installation.
- Observe all employee rules and regulations, demonstrate a positive attitude and maintain personal appearance in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ability to report to work on time and work flexible hours as required.
- Observe all applicable safety standards and company safety policies. Contribute to a culture of safety.
- Ability to communicate (spoken and written) effectively and clearly to customers and all levels of staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team to get the job done professionally and cooperatively.
- Great customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks including tasks of other trades – i.e. knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical systems with amp meters, voltmeters, tracers and recording devices.
- Ability to read mechanical schematics, mechanical prints, equipment manuals, specifications, flow diagrams and nameplates.
- Ability to operate building management systems and use building/equipment controls systems to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Extensive technical knowledge of the installation, repair and maintenance of facility systems.
- Ability to determine problems and effectively manage/troubleshoot issues in a timely fashion.
- Proficient computer skills in programs necessary to accomplish assigned duties.
- Ability to work with power tools, small motorized equipment and vehicles as necessary to complete tasks.
- Knowledgeable in accepted buildings and grounds fire/safety practices; sensitivity to general liability exposures in a public facilities environment.
- Visual acuity necessary for visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and systems beyond arm's reach, using measurement devices and assembly or fabrication of parts at a distance close to the eye.
- Ability to use ladders, scaffolding, and/or scissor lift while performing duties.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to perform physical activities that include climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform heavy work (defined as exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 193910