Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, CO
The Senior Manager of Delivery will drive the strategy and development of the multi-year road map to build VRR’s rental delivery business into the Global Leader in snow sports equipment delivery by developing the next generation Delivery Strategy. They will lead a large field based team of 7 Delivery Store Managers who will be responsible for executing delivery operations across our business portfolio. The Sr. Manager of Delivery will be responsible for the successful recruiting and training of new Delivery Store Manager, as well as the startup of new Delivery Store operations across our portfolio, in partnership with local field leadership. This role will require authentic connection, partnership and strategic alignment with Marketing, IT, Finance and Field leadership to execute the operational plan, while also re-Imagining existing business practices to drive growth in all key performance indicators. You are passionate about customer experience, innovation, and business growth and will evolve the organization along with the business. You push boundaries and challenge the status quo; you’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do.
- Lead a high performing field based team of Delivery Store managers to execute our business across our portfolio of resorts.
- Develop the next generation strategic road map to build the Delivery business into the Global Leader in this segment.
- Ensure alignment and partnership on go-to market strategies across Marketing and IT to bring concepts to life.
- Strengthen internal relationships and sales channels including ski school, group sales, and owned and operated properties to increase Delivery revenue.
- Develop a data driven business model that is dynamic and growth oriented.
- Drive accountability for operational KPIs and execution with field based Delivery Teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including Marketing, IT, Operations Support and Finance to recognize trends and opportunities to re-imagine the delivery business.
- Generate and present regular business updates on the delivery business to senior operations leaders. Provide thoughtful analysis of the delivery business performance to recapture market share from local competitors.
- Partner with local field leadership in regular talent assessments and performance reviews of the delivery operational team.
- Build a succession pipeline by growing and developing leadership talent in the delivery business.
- Create an operational score card to audit field team execution. Create a culture of best practices to share across the team to drive delivery business results.
- Drive alignment and compliance to business standards operating practices, policies and procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the delivery business.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years in a leadership role
- Passion for innovation, customer experience and a creative mindset
- Demonstrated track record of driving profitable business results
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve desired results in a fast-paced, highly competitive, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data from a variety of systems to create accurate metrics
- Ability to conduct and analyze research related to consumers, industries, markets and competitors.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Enjoy the perks of a DoubleTree Employee and a Vail Resorts employee with just one job. Our staff at the DoubleTree gets twice the reward by holding only one job. Part of the Vail Resorts Family and DoubleTree team member, you reap the benefits of both companies (free ski pass for all Vail Resorts operated properties and all the lodging discounts for DoubleTrees nationwide). The staff at The DoubleTree live up to the brand’s reputation by offering a warm and welcoming stay to every guest. There is a high expectation of phenomenal customer service but it comes with a high reward of amazing team members. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 215430