Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creates a positive classroom environment through games and activities for skiing/non-skiing program for 2 months through 5 years of age.
- Introduce ages 2 to 4 years of age to the basic fundamentals of skiing through one hour private ski lessons.
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
- Provides quality care in a safe environment.
- Responsible for the personal needs of the children including napping feeding, and bath rooming.
- Follows Child Care Department Rules and Regulations, Colorado Skier Safety Act Rules and Regulations and Vail Resorts company guidelines.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Ensure equipment and facility are clean and safe.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, co-workers and parents.
- Basic skiing and snowboarding terminology if teaching on the snow lessons
- Goes through a Ski School basic training program if teaching on the snow lessons
- Goes through a Kids on Lifts training if teaching on the snow lessons
- Ability to pass the Ski Test if teaching on the snow lessons if teaching on the snow lessons
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work outside in a high alpine environment if teaching on the snow lessons
- Familiar with proper techniques regarding the lifting and handling of children
- Entry level skier or above if teaching on the snow lessons
- Administers quality care and exceptional experiences for guests - children and parents
- Maintains accurate records of daily schedules for each child
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, parents, and supervisors; provides effective and thorough check-ins and check-outs with employees and guest parents including report cards for each guest child
- Conducts daily lesson plans including art, circle time, and centers
- Capable of working in a team environment; including flexibility of working at other child care centers when needed
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment
- Contributes to the daily tasks for the center including cleaning schedules, dishes, laundry, etc…
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the assigned classroom.
- Experience working with children ages 8 weeks to 5 years old in a group setting
- Fluent in English
- Able to change Diapers
- Flexible work schedule
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and on call shifts
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Experience with guest services
- Qualities= Outgoing, Energetic, Organized, Flexible, Open-Minded, Enthusiastic, Creative
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 218387