Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Bartender is responsible for greeting our members and guests, taking food and/or beverage orders and serving food/beverage items. This position is expected to collect payments for food and beverages and will need to operate a computer or cash register. This individual is also expected to assist staff with seating guests, answering the phone, filling water glasses and clearing/cleaning tables as necessary. Discounted housing provided!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and Accurate Service. Greet guests with a SMILE. Adhere to bar steps of service at all times, and strive for the best tailored guest experience.
- Timeliness. Promptness to work. Time effective interactions with guests. Quickly and accurately prepare drinks to serve to guests.
- Attention to detail. Know guests preferences. Fully stock and rotate all bar items. Communicate to staff when items are low or are 86’ed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization. Ensure a clean and presentable bar at all times. Work clean and in an organized manner, even when busy.
- Positive Attitude. Maintain professionalism and graciousness, even under high stress.
- Be Hands On. Assist staff with running drinks or watering dining room, take tables near bar when needed. Find projects behind the bar to improve upon. Wash and polish glasses.
- Responsibly Serve Guests. Follow TIPS certification serving guidelines, and do not overserve guests.
- Golf Course Beverage Cart Attendant. Knowledge of golf course, and rules of the game to safely drive the golf course.
- Respect. Treat all coworkers and JHGTC staff from every department with respect, and maintain positive working relationships.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the F&B department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Promote JHGTC. Be conscious that you are an advocate for the business at work, and outside of work. Provide suggestive upselling where appropriate to enhance the guest experience.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous casual fine dining waiting experience
- Knowledgeable in beer, wine and liquor service
- TIPS certified
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Must be over 21 years of age or older
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Experience creating and changing drink specials
- Point of Sale experience
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 279567