Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The SRS Entry Ski and Ride Ski or Snowboard Instructor is a snow sports enthusiasts desiring to provide quality ski or snowboard instruction to individuals & groups in a safe and fun manner while upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in a high altitude, varying winter weather environment. The SRS Entry Level Instructor is proficient in skiing and/or riding on a variety of intermediate to advanced terrain. This instructor will build strong guest relations and utilize their superior communication skills to facilitate learning and repeat visits in accordance with stated corporate vision, mission and policies.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available! Paid Training!
- Demonstrate, and continually develop, an understanding of contemporary skiing and/or riding concepts.
- Clearly and accurately instruct skiing or snowboarding to students in a fun and safe manner using various training techniques adapted to the students’ needs; utilize available resources to maintain the quality of teaching standards.
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- Communicate and assists guests of all abilities with transportation of equipment, getting to their feet, and loading/unloading the lifts.
- When working with children, supervise children at all times ensuring safe experiences for our guests.
- Perform daily tasks and lessons as assigned by Ski School Supervisor.
- Ensure that guests are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level by working with Ski and Snowboard Team Leads and Supervisors to make appropriate lessons changes when necessary.
- Model and demonstrate knowledge about our resort and department product lines, company policies and procedures, dress code and work schedules.
- Fill out/complete individual report cards and interact with parents at end-of-day.
- In all weather conditions, be appropriately and fully dressed, booted and prepared to be outside, on-hill for the duration of the lesson.
- Be proactive to provide superior guest service at all times (internal and external)
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department for yourself and others; contribute to our culture of Health and Safety to meet Zero Workman’s Comp safety goal.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, peers and other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Adhere to strict corporate policy regarding wearing a snow sports specific helmet while skiing/riding or teaching/coaching in uniform.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma preferred
- Minor computer skills in order to operate browser
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written required
- Strong intermediate all mountain skier or snowboarder, making linked / parallel turns on Intermediate terrain required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals as assigned
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved helmet at all times while teaching required
- Previous experience in teaching/coaching/mentoring various aged athletes preferred
- Previous ski or snowboard instructor experience preferred
- Experience in working with children (children instructors only) preferred
- Successfully pass background check required
Time Commitment: Selected candidates must meet a minimum 23 work day commitment spanning the entire season, opening day through closing day, including weekend days & holidays.
Training: Successful completion of specific New Hire training (three days plus one day of shadowing) is a prerequisite for hiring.
Compensation: Instructors are paid for the hours that they actually teach or perform specific tasks requested by a supervisor, current starting pay $10.75/hr.
- All employees receive a Vail Resorts EPIC Pass for their personal use and $40 EPIC PASSes for qualified dependents.
- Discount lift tickets for family & friends.
- Complimentary ski or snowboard lessons.
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development.
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 217348