Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, in the heart of the renowned Vail Village, The Lodge at Vail combines a perfect location and exemplary service with the famously classic ambiance of an alpine-inspired Vail resort. Housed in the legendary Lodge at Vail hotel, Cucina at the Lodge offers a hearty breakfast menu that reflects the uniquely American traditions of the Rocky Mountains.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing side work duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and delivering food and maintaining service window.
- Keep the buffet stocked and clean.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take dirty tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the dish area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Prior guest service experience - required.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time year – round positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 215810