Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Entry Snowmaker is an entry level position to learn the basics of snowmaking. The entry snowmaker will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks that are essential to the safe production of quality snow, with the goal of gaining experience and knowledge to be able to progress to the next level in the snowmaking department. The entry snowmaker will be under the direction of more experienced staff and department supervisors.
- Learn all basic department, resort and company policies and procedures
- Learn and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of snowmaking equipment according to all department, resort and company policies and procedures
- Learn and be responsible for the production of snow to produce the best quality product for our guests
- Learn to operate all department vehicles in a safe manner according to department, resort and company policies and procedures
- Perform basic snowmaking equipment maintenance and housekeeping on a daily basis
- Be able to work under minimal supervision
- Assist in effective communication with the other departments
- Additional duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's license - required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs
- Intermediate level skier/snowboarder
- Basic hand tool knowledge and skills
- Able to work extended hours in alpine conditions
The budgeted range starts at $15.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 357768