Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Lift Maintenance Helper position will assist the Lift Maintenance crew with the daily maintenance of all lifts, with an emphasis on mechanical functions in the trainee status. This is a great opportunity for someone who is mechanically inclined, willing to learn new skills and who has a passion for the Ski Industry.
- Learn all state and federal laws pertaining to lift maintenance mechanics.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have adequate computer skills to complete the functions of the job.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listen to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Perform all daily, weekly , monthly lift checks.
- Have Entry level knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, and lift physics.
- Physically able to climb Lift Towers, lift 50+ LBS, maneuver and work on lift towers in extreme weather conditions without aid.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Able to learn how to operate snowmobiles or ATVs on mountain terrain, groomed and un-groomed conditions.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211587