Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This position will support the Vice President and General Manager of the mountain and provide support to other members of the resort Senior Leadership team. If you are organized, understand guest service, and are looking for a position with a passionate community of coworkers, this could be for you!
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, Smartsheets) in order to handle work involving word processing, accounting data, project timelines and other applications that may become necessary to support the General Manager.
- Oversees multiple calendars, schedules and facility bookings.
- Manages all scheduling, travel plans, and expenses of the General Manager.
- Works with the General Manager to manage communication of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality on executive-level communication and exhibit strong judgment handling sensitive information.
- Supports resort training programs, communication plans and management outreach.
- Manages budget as it applies to the General Manager.
- Is responsible for assisting in the preparation of meeting binders, permits, contracts and other reports or communications.
- Performs routine office tasks which include, but are not limited to: multi-line phone system, mail, electronic mail, phone indexes, coordinating calendars and appointments, travel arrangements, establishment and maintenance of filing systems.
- Plays a key role in the contract approval process, including maintenance of records, schedules and communication between departments.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments with fluctuating and time sensitive deadlines. Assist with planning and coordination of events as needed.
- Main originator & manager of Mountain Money process.
- Manages site purchasing, inventory, maintenance and repair.
- Extensive guest and community relations duties, including telephone contact and preparation of correspondence.
- Maintain company calendars and schedules (Manager’s days off, budget calendar, contact info, organizational charts, etc.).
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities with accuracy, dependability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to support all front line operations during high volume time periods, as needed.
- Manage and maintain office equipment, scheduled maintenance and associated service contracts. Maintain and secure all specialized office equipment.
- Coordinate cleaning and upkeep Administrative offices.
- Assists with other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage leases, lease payments and payment schedules
- Manage subscription & membership accounts such as magazine renewals, HOA & Chamber dues
- Manages all F&B related licenses – liquor, operating & sales tax licenses
- Assist F&B Director and direct reports with onboarding of employees
- Act as lead for EEX Leader-led Appreciation budget
- Coordinate local Records Retention & Management with departments and corporate
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ Years previous administrative experience to an executive-level position.
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Computer Software systems to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent English Language skills.
- Strong foresight and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to support the Leadership team
The budgeted range starts at $19.87 - $33.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 399474