Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Devops Engineer - Web Systems position is focused on providing application support for numerous web applications and integrations while maintaining performance and reliable systems across the enterprise. Application Infrastructure supports a large number of custom public and internal facing applications that provide key revenue for the company. This position supports various IT application development teams and business representatives in our mutual goals for industry leading projects, enhancements and maintenance. The ideal candidate has a background in system administration, networking, application troubleshooting, Microsoft technical stacks, enterprise footprints and security operations for top tier custom applications. Candidates must have excellent collaborative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities and be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Recommend solutions by defining web based physical structures, functional capabilities, system security and environmental fit
- Work with application’s teams and business representatives as part of the delivery team to support current business objectives. This is our top objective.
- Review, plan, implement and communicate code deployments across the enterprise
- Implement revised or new systems/integrations as specified by team technical leaders
- Adhere to and support PCI compliance standards set by the company
- Collaborate with Business, Infrastructure, Development and Management teams on system and organizational security requirements while meeting business needs
- Maintain and upgrade fleets of systems to meet compliance, performance and feature requirements
- Configure monitoring/alerting and respond to alerts as required by SLAs
- Provide occasional after-hours support and holiday coverage with an on-call team
- Create and maintain documents, scripts and configurations on a collaborative platform
- Collaborate on the research, planning and implementing new technologies to support the overall Infrastructure group and applications teams SDLCs
- Work with other engineers and developers to deliver POCs of proposed solutions
- Work in a fast paced dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders from IT and Business. Present Emotional Intelligence, a capacity for self-awareness under pressing workloads and relationship building
- Analytical aptitude with emphasis on investigative, critical questioning and logical thinking for complex custom applications
- Systems administration in Windows and Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes, Swarm, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with IIS, Apache, .NET, certificate provisioning and f5 load balancers. CDNs/WAFs/Cloud Hosting (Azure) experience favored
- Experience with Enterprise Configuration and Deployment utilizing CI/CD tools (Bamboo, Octopus, Puppet, ProGet, etc)
- Familiarity with PCI, SOX, SQL, WAN, Firewall, domain brand management, Agile and code deployment methodologies, bash shell and PowerShell scripting desired
- Bachelor of Science Degree or 2 years of direct related experience
- 3+ years for hard skills listed above supporting an enterprise technology environment
- Business Analyst and/or Project Management experience a plus
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222727