Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting will be an integral team member of the Financial Reporting team and report to the Director of Financial Reporting. This individual will be heavily involved in external SEC reporting and financial statement generation, external reporting to other key stakeholders, month-end close process, internal reporting to executive management, budgeting and forecasting for various operations and assisting in the research of accounting issues.
- Preparation of external financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for SEC reports including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and more, in compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Preparation of internal financial reports for executive management, monthly variance and financial analysis and internal reports for the Financial Reporting department
- Assist in the preparation of other carve-out financial statements for various reporting obligations
- Recording, reviewing and posting journal entries
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting relationships and requirements with internal and external auditors by preparing and providing complete documentation and explanation for various transaction types
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis of annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing
- Provide support for detailed tie-outs of financial statements as well as internal and external presentations used for investor and lender conferences, among others
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc requests for analyses and information
- Assist in the research of accounting issues, evaluating new accounting standards and drafting accounting footnotes and memos
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and CPA required
- At least six years of experience which includes public accounting and/or SEC Reporting experience
- Strong technical accounting and SEC knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Be detail-oriented and have proficient skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 194207