Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts: As a Whistler expert, you will book customized vacation experiences, lodging and activities, for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned Whistler Blackcomb resort via inbound calls from our contact center located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- This is a Year-round position with an hourly base pay of $16.70 per hour, PLUS potential bonus and incentives.
- Full-time & Part-time opportunities available
- Receive great BENEFITS, such as
- Complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members.
- Discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at select resorts.
- Flexible benefits program for all full time staff
- Office located near the Brentwood Mall Skytrain stop in Burnaby.
- Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
Develop Your Career Path: To assure Travel Consultants are well versed and knowledgeable of Vail Resorts’ different resorts and experiences, team members will have the opportunity to participate in job-specific training that includes virtual and onsite property and activity tours.
- Tourism diploma or related education.
- Minimum 6 months of sales and service experience.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability of efficiently navigate multiple computer systems while speaking with customers.
- Ability to speak additional languages (such as French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese).
- Passion for and understanding of ski, resort and tourism industry; and/or knowledge and familiarity of Whistler Blackcomb.
- Team orientated with the capacity to be self-directed and driven.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and maintain knowledge of products.
- The Call Center is open 365 days a year including weekends & holidays.
- Hours of Operation vary depending on time of year; longest range 7:00am - 8:00pm.
- Day/evening, weekday/end and holiday shifts.
- Vacation time limited during peak season: October-January.
- Typically leave or extended vacation: May – September.
- Full Time Staff (30-37.5 hours/week). We do try to maintain consistency with full time shifts, however there will be variable schedules around holidays and busy periods.
- Full-time & Part-time
- Eight-hour shifts
- Start Dates:
- September 22nd, 2021
- October 27th, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343190