Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This is a dynamic, year-round outdoor mechanic position with competitive pay and a robust benefits package. The Lift Mechanic is responsible for performing all routine maintenance procedures under the guidance of the maintenance manager and senior mechanics.
- HS Diploma or equivalent - Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age - Required
- Mechanical and / or electrical experience - Required
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 75 pounds - Required
- Flexible schedule required during peak times and weekends - Required
- Comfortable working outdoors in summer/winter including inclement weather - Required
- Must be able to work at heights of 75 feet - Required
- Prior Lift experience – Preferred
- Ensures the safe and reliable mechanical operation of assigned lifts.
- Performs maintenance procedures and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Effectively utilizes all mechanical and basic electrical tools and equipment as needed.
- Capable of learning how to operate shop equipment such as mill, lathes, presses, saws, and cutting torches.
- Become aware of manufacturer’s maintenance requirement for assigned lifts.
- Maintains accurate records of all work completed or in progress.
- Keeps current on all ropeway safety requirements as outlined in the latest edition of the ANSI B77 manual.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to lift failures.
- Maintains tools, vehicles and equipment in a clean and good working condition.
- Assists the lift maintenance supervisor and master mechanics in assessing maintenance systems, schedules, inventory and equipment needs.
- Contributes positively to guest service opportunities.
- Follows company and department safety policies.
- Valid driver’s license, with a good driving record - Required
- Ski or Snowboard experience preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 190890