Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Tucked away in the majestic San Juan Mountains of Colorado, our elegant, one-of-a-kind, ski shop, Telluride Sports is located in the Franz Klammer Lodge just steps away from the world- famous Telluride ski resort. If you’re looking for an exciting summer opportunity to work and play in the mountains look no further.
Summary of Job:
We are looking for a Retail Sales Associate that is comfortable working with high-end, luxury, outdoor industry brands and capable of providing world class service by executing a sales process that improves guest experience and increases retail sales. We specialize in outfitting our guests in the best, highest rated and most specialized items to fit their needs. Come join our team and become an expert in the outdoor retail industry.
Learn more here. www.vailresortscareers.com
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Retail sales and cashiering
- Determine all customer needs by developing a relationship, building customer confidence and providing accurate product information to increase retail/rental sales
- Maintain excellent store visual standards by constantly straightening, folding, sizing and restocking merchandise
- Responsible for following all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management and loss prevention
- Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service
- Answer store phones courteously and professionally
Budgeted pay range starts at $17. - $20 Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Experience working with high-end luxury ski brands
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; stores are open 7 days a week and hours
- Familiarity with retail POS systems preferred
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- FT summer seasonal employees will have access to sick pay.
Full & Part-time Scheduling Requirements:
- Full-time: 35 or more hours a week on average for the Season
- Part-time: minimum of 3 shifts a week, 15-20 hours a week on average for the Season
- Available to work mornings, nights and weekends
- Must be available to work holidays
The budgeted range starts at $17.00 - $20.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 441947