Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Advanced Bike Mechanic will be responsible for performing quality repairs on customer’s bikes, including walk-in repairs and overhauls. Completes diagnosis of customer’s
equipment and provides repair estimates. Schedules customer appointments and communicates clear and realistic expectations.
Recommends products to enhance the customer’s cycling experience. Possesses advanced knowledge of bike repair practices and
procedures. Performs the most complex work within the job function, which requires extensive experience, background and/or training.
Functions independently with little or no guidance. May train new and existing associate positions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide customers with the highest level of technical service
- Gather and respond to service requests and ensure it is properly and safely completed to the customers’satisfaction
- Protect company liability in regard to services performed
- Ensure service paperwork is completed legibly, accurately, and filed accordingly
- Tune bikes using the proper tools while following all safety procedures
- Ensure all proper housekeeping methods and overall cleanliness of the shop is adhered to
- Ensure special order parts and warranty items are handled in a timely fashion and proper documentation is completed and organized
- Remain current on technical information through attending classes, clinics and offered training
- May be responsible for ordering tools, shop equipment, vendor warranty items or special orders based on shop needs
- Assist in the training and on-boarding of new and current bike mechanics
- Assist Service Manager in holding staff accountable for legable, complete and accurate form completion, quality of work and all policy and proceedures
- Responsible for increasing sales, units per transaction, transaction size, and levels of store profitability
- HS dipoma or GED Equivalent
- Relevant work experience within the company-Required
- Basic Computer Skills with ability to learn
- Current Vendor Certifcations
The budgeted range starts at $15.00-$20.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Founded in 1974 Bicycle Village has remained a Colorado owned and operated business for more than 30 years. From our modest beginnings to our now five sprawling stores we a have become part and continue to grow Colorado’s cycling community. We offer guided bike tours, demo days and even spinning classes in our stores. We outfit professional tri-athletes, downhill mountain bikers, work commuters and family alike. You can also take advantage of being part of the Vail Resorts family with employee perks, such as a free ski pass to our world-class resorts, discounted lodging, and more. Join our team and become part something much bigger… become part of the Colorado cycling community and Vail Resorts. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 333347