Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This position is a highly skilled person with experience in operating and maintaining all types of equipment in their areas of responsibility. Primary responsibility is to insure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts with emphasis on proficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be proficient with a variety of tools both hand and electric, high knowledge of hydraulics.
- Responsible for following the company’s safety and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing all routine and assigned maintenance procedures under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager and senior mechanics.
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to lift dispatch in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assuring that the Maintenance Director/ Manager, and dispatch is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, observations or system malfunctions.
- Assist in ongoing training of maintenance/operational personnel.
- Assist managers in scheduling of personnel.
- Must be responsible for the complete maintenance of a group of lifts.
- Must review all squawks generated relating to the tramways for which you are responsible for. This includes a visual inspection after work is complete.
- Ensuring all lifts under your supervision are in compliance with ANSI, and Vail Resorts policies and regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the personnel reporting to you are in compliance with all Vail Associates, Inc. regulations and policies
- To be the working Team lead mechanic and manage the mechanics over a group of no more than 7 aerial tramways and other surface lifts as assigned.
- Assist in the tracking of the maintenance budget for your group of lifts.
- Must maintain reasonable levels of spare parts to ensure full repair capability.
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to lift records in a timely manner.
- Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner.
- Keep an up to date failure analysis.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years Lift Maintenance experience
- 3 years proven competency in general mechanics
- Previous leadership role experience
- Valid drivers license
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Fluent in all aspects of the English language
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently at heights
- Intermediate or better ski or snowboarding ability.
The budgeted range starts at $25.00-$39.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 286087