Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The supervisor is responsible for directing the day-to-day routine work of a larger group of associates, or is a key holder in a smaller store. Responsible for maintaining business standards and has increased decision making authority and acts as manager-on-duty in absence of other management presence. Also, the supervisor fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate rental and retail sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Provide resources so that employees are properly trained in rentals, POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales generation
- Assist the Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist the Store Manager in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Create a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere
- 2 years of retail experience, preferably within the outdoor industry - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint - required
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to our guests
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Snowsports background - preferred
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 275347