Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
PSIA/AASI Certified Adult and Children's Ski/Snowboard Instructors at Stowe Mountain Resort are responsible for providing quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Vermont Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment and how to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of School's programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Attend New Hire training sessions- required.
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification- required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well on a team- required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in an alpine environment- required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends- required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children - preferred.
- Experience working with guests of all ages - preferred.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. Great recreational benefits and resort discounts are available!
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343345