Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
The Guest Service Sales Greeter is a part of the Product Sales & Service Department. The Product Sales & Service Department is a high-volume department with a large amount of guest service interaction. This position is responsible for satisfying and exceeding guest expectations by delivering outstanding guest experiences through resort and product knowledge.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Deliver exceptional guest service to internal and external guests.
- Provide accurate resort, village, and local information to the guest.
- Communicate in a courteous and respectful manner to all internal and external guests.
- Perform duties as a Greeter in and around the resort Ticket locations, including, but not limited to, the Season Pass Office, Rental Shop, and Kids Ski & Board School by actively directing and assisting the guest in areas of products and activities while delivering exceptional guest service.
- Provide guests and employees with information regarding resort guidelines, including those surrounding Covid-19. Assist in the enforcement of said guidelines.
- Share knowledge of the Northstar Village and amenities as well as on-mountain facilities.
- Effectively communicate rental, lesson, and ticketing information to all guests.
- Direct guests to appropriate location to fulfill Season Pass, lift ticket, and ski and snowboard school orders.
- Understand all ski school levels and zones of skiing to initiate the placement of guests in the appropriate ski school product (if applicable to the location).
- Adhere to all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of all guest complaints; handle all guest concerns and suggestions.
- Establish personal strengths and areas of focus through self-assessment and on-going training and feedback from the Northstar Management Team; participate in all departmental and resort training and development courses.
- Actively work in all areas of Product Sales and Service and/or in any areas of the Northstar Resort.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A background check may be conducted on all individuals who work directly for the Kids Ski & Board School.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Able to work independently and demonstrate team spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous guest service experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 394524