Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
The Network Security Engineer supports the company’s information security technology in a diverse technological ecosystem. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background in networking and systems administration. This position is primarily responsible for implementing, supporting and maintaining network firewalls and will support other endpoint security systems and tools as required.
- Deploy and maintain large fleet of Check Point firewalls.
- Review, plan, and implement firewall change requests
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to plan and implement new technologies
- Assist infrastructure and operations teams with technical troubleshooting and issue resolution as it relates to security systems
- Monitor logs from multiple sources (network and endpoint) for security events that require remediation, and work closely with infrastructure and support teams as well as end users during incident response activities
- Maintain and upgrade network (firewall, IPS, web filtering) and endpoint (anti-virus) security systems for optimal reliability and uptime
- Assist with planning and integration of new business units acquired, including network and systems infrastructure from a technical standpoint
- Provide technical training to teammates for management and troubleshooting of security systems
- Stay current on the latest threats and vulnerabilities to ensure security tools are appropriate for emerging threat trends
- Perform basic malware analysis on discovered samples to build appropriate protections using existing security systems.
- Support the company after-hours, weekends, and holidays during on-call rotation
- Assist infrastructure and applications teams with remediation of discovered vulnerabilities
- BA/BS in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
- 5 years of experience supporting an enterprise technology environment
- 3 years of experience with enterprise firewall technologies (Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- 3 years of experience supporting enterprise network equipment
- 1 year of experience with enterprise operating systems technologies
- Network/Systems support understanding (Tier 2 or 3 support)
- Experience in a network or systems engineering role with a strong understanding of how information systems interoperate
- Experience implementing and managing SDWAN and cloud security components
- Project management skills
- Possession of industry certifications preferred (CISSP, GIAC, etc)
- Ability to analyze existing infrastructure and processes in order identify security weaknesses and recommend corrective action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209550