Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Are you an experienced housekeeper looking to gain supervisory experience? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park, while additionally enjoying a multi-cultural work environment? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Housekeeping Assistant Manager assists the Executive Housekeeper in all areas responsible for the cleanliness of the following: 166 cabins, 11 linen rooms, Housekeeping Office, Main Linen Room, Guest Lounge, Cabin Office, Public restrooms, and all the surrounding outdoor area. This individual additionally ensures that accurate and timely information on room status is communicated to the housekeeping office and front desk while proper documentation is maintained. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper works closely with all Housekeeping Supervisors in the areas to ensure established standards and procedures are met. A major component of this job is a lot of walking from room to room for inspections on property.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews daily assignments of housekeeping inspectors and room attendants.
- Assists in the initial presentation of the training programs and future follow-up on site.
- Relieves the Executive Housekeeper on days off.
- Works closely with all Inspectors in the areas to insure established standards and procedures are met.
- Recommends commendations, promotions and disciplinary action of employees to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Ensures that accurate and timely information on room status is communicated to the housekeeping office and front desk and that proper documentation is maintained.
- Is totally familiar with the paper work and information flow of the department.
- Ensures that work is up to established standards by conducting frequent daily inspections of all staff.
- May perform work as a housekeeper, inspector or houseman, understands and is able to train employees on all roles within the department.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Reviews initial stock of housekeeping supplies in the linen rooms and prepares requisitions for the housekeeper's approval.
- Keeps Executive Housekeeper and management informed of any problems.
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are being followed by personnel under his or her supervision.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies, ensuring proper labeling of chemicals and adherence to OSHA regulations.
- Inspects rooms daily for maintenance and cleanliness issues.
- Walks property throughout day to ensure that all staff is being followed up with.
- Inspects the inspectors work for quality.
- Supports all housekeeping employees if they require assistance, training and development, or information.
- Understands productivity requirements of housekeepers and ensures that all employees are meeting requirements.
We prefer that you have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Prior housekeeping experience
- Prior Hospitality Experience
- Prior Supervisory Experience
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 283251