Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Beverage Cart Attendant /Bartender is responsible for greeting our members and guests, taking food and/or beverage orders and serving food/beverage items efficiently, reliably and with high quality standards for service. This position is expected to serve alcoholic beverages responsibly as outlined in TIPS training in accordance with the state laws. The beverage cart attendant/bartender maintains cart inventories, set up and restock cart daily, maintain a clean appearance of the cart, collect payments for food and beverages and will need to operate a computer or cash register. The Beverage Cart Attendant may also have shifts in the restaurant or in banquets, with typical busser responsibilities, in addition to other activities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and Accurate Service. Greet guests with a SMILE and strive for the best tailored guest experience.
- Timeliness. Promptness to work. Time effective interactions with guests. Quickly and accurately prepare drinks to serve to guests.
- Attention to detail. Know guests preferences. Fully stock and rotate all beverage cart items. For bar and/or banquets shifts: communicate to staff when items are low or are 86’ed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization. Ensure a clean and presentable bar/beverage cart at all times. Work clean and in an organized manner, even when busy.
- Be Hands On. Let management know of any issues with beverage cart or items needed. For restaurant shifts: assist staff with running drinks or watering dining room, take tables near bar when needed. Find projects behind the bar or on beverage cart to improve upon. Wash and polish glasses.
- Responsibly Serve Guests. Follow TIPS certification serving guidelines, and do not overserve guests.
- Golf Course Beverage Cart Attendant. Knowledge of golf course, and rules of the game to safely drive on the course.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the F&B department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Promote JHGTC. Be conscious that you are an advocate for the business at work, and outside of work. Provide suggestive upselling where appropriate to enhance the guest experience.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Energetic, outgoing friendly person happy talking with all types of people
- Knowledge in beer, wine and liquor service
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts outdoors in all weather conditions, able to work weekends and holidays and be flexible with scheduling
- 21 years of age, or older, at time of employment with a valid driver's license
- TIPS certified
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Familiarity with golf course etiquette preferred
- Point of Sale experience
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Previous casual fine dining waiting experience preferred
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 279547