Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Winter Seasonal 2020/2021
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Okemo, VT USA
The Assistant Manager possesses exemplary product knowledge and is able to communicate effectively with our guests in person and over the phone while helping to share their expertise with colleagues. The Assistant Manager has direct reports and is fully involved in the performance management process, including hiring, training, coaching, discipline and evaluations. The Assistant Manager assists and supports the Product Sales & Services team at Okemo all while ensuring Vail Resorts and Okemo Mountain Resort’s promise to deliver upon an “Experience of a Lifetime” for both guests and employees.
- Be able to provide detailed explanation with 100% accuracy of our products including Ski & Snowboard School, lift access and activities to guests and team.
- Resolve all customer issues that may arise and complete the service recovery process. Contribute feedback to team and implement changes for improvement.
- Supervise sale and return of all products and services.
- Oversee and own your operation of the office including audit requirements, training, performance management, scheduling, safety and troubleshooting sales station equipment.
- Control costs within established budget and cost reduction directives for specific offices. Perform time and labor entries and approvals accurately.
- Know and connect with your staff and deliver the support needed to be successful at work.
- Own the office process, successes and opportunities while ensuring your staff has the tools to do their job to completion and our guest service standards.
- Promote and support department operations and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a fluid and enjoyable desk experience for our guests. Deliver accurate and regular communication to guests and staff through traditional, electronic, digital, and social media platforms.
- Office assignments may include supervising call center operations and all PSS locations. These locations include communication in person and over the phone.
- Communicate consistently with Manager and Team Leads regarding operation execution and employee performance.
- 2+ years guestservice and cash handling experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience in a guest service related field
- Previous customer service experience
- Microsoft office and web browser proficiency
- Bilingual skills
- Previous experience working in ski resort/resort industry
- Experience working cross functionally with multiple departments and/or teams
At Okemo, we’ve got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 262567