Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Are you looking to hone your culinary skills and expertise in a fast paced, large volume resort environment? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Line Cook/ Intermediate Level Cook responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Short Order/Line Cook.
- Taste all food on the line to make sure it meets specifications.
- Pick up storeroom requisitions as required.
- Perform station check to ensure all food stations are set up for service.
- Stock kitchen workstations as needed.
- Perform daily back of house tasks including opening and closing duties; keeping sanitation levels to company standards; and ensuring proper disposal of cooking oil at end of workday.
- Cook straightforward menu items that only require a short prep time pursuant to kitchen ticket specifications and standards.
- Comply with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) standards.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of cooking experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Knowledge of different stations like grill, garde manger and sauté
- High volume cooking
What’s In It For You?
- FREE Housing (including linens and all utilities)
- FREE Full Hook-Up RV Sites
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- Complimentary WiFi
- $70/week Meal Plan covers 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 435267