Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As an integral part of the Crested Butte Mountain Operations team, the Terrain Park and Bike Park Manager will provide direction, leadership and expertise to the Crested Butte Terrain Park and Bike Park departments.
- As a leader in the company, this person will embrace and help develop the Created Butte safety culture.
- Provide excellent and effective communication to all departments across the resort, treating other departments as your ‘internal guests.
- Exceed expectations for all levels of Terrain Park and Bike Park users with a strong focus in ensuring progression for all users.
- Be proactive in all aspects of Terrain Park and Bike Park operations on a consistent basis.
- Actively participant in both Terrain Park and Bike Park Best Practice Groups.
- Use construction management methodology for Terrain Park and Bike Park builds.
- Work with Comp services and Grooming Department in preparing the park venues that meet requirements for various competitions.
- Hire and supervise both Terrain Parks and Bike Park staff. Effectively lead, facilitate and mentor all staff to meet or exceed expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all mandated policies, and programs
- Effectively manage operating and capital budgets.
- Knowledge of Terrain Park and Bike Park operations.
- Previous Supervisory Experience preferred
- Previous Terrain Park and Bike Park operational experience preferred
- Ability to operate a snowcat and excavator preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and good administrative skills preferred.
- Must hold a current driver's license
- Ability to organize and be consistent.
- Ability to work varying hours/ days as business needs dictate.
- High School Education or equivalent
The budgeted range starts at $49,000-$60,900 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 300792